Following the “Microphone sound getting softly”， “sound broken”, ”Microphone has a rustle of sound”， After these microphone problems， “Microphone howling” has also become a concern of many people。
Imagine, if you are recording a love song practiced 15 times, the song score is about to reach full marks, the microphone suddenly “hissing” sound， Again!!
Or when you are interacting with the fans while you are streaming, the microphone intermittently emits a sharp “hissing” sound—OH NO!!!
Did you disappoint? Did you want to get mad?
Live microphone pickup, the mixer, peripherals, power amplifiers, speakers to expand the sound, This sound and then through direct radiation or acoustic reflection into the microphone, so that the entire sound reinforcement system produces positive and negative removal, Caused by self-excitation of acoustic signals, the speaker random whistle, this phenomenon is called the voice of the live broadcast microphone.
That’s it， Microphone pack tone, all aspects of the device thrsoundough the amplification, collection, amplification, included sound and sound signals caused by self-motivation. . .Then produced the above “hissing” sound.
Do not think howling affects only listeners or singers, it can damage your equipment!
Live broadcast microphone howling will produce what harm?
1) destroyed the atmosphere of the whole environment, so that the speaker or singer very embarrassed, so that the audience is very disappointing.
2) The tweeter unit of the power amplifier or speaker has a great influence, making it easy to overload them.
3) Due to the existence of acoustic feedback, the sound amplification gain and sound emission rate of the entire sound reinforcement system are limited, that is, the volume can not be increased.
So, when the microphone whistles, you can temporarily shut down the device.
3）How to solve the live microphone howling?
- Avoid solving the live microphone placed in the speaker’s radiation within the area, at least not facing the speaker。In general, the resonance point in the room is about 5-6 points, if the feedback point too much, then you need to check the speaker’s placement is reasonable.
- Check the connection between the equipment is solid, to avoid the phenomenon of Weld, Weld or loose connection may result in transient resistance increases and attenuation, voltage instability, voltage instability.
- Commissioning equipment must be adjusted, each device can not be in critical working condition, otherwise there will be unstable or oscillating signal phenomenon.
- If you are the ultimate pursuit of sound anchor, you can do a good acoustics design of the building, give full consideration to the absorption of sound-absorbing materials and sound absorption structure (reflection) uniform problem.
- Of course, the most important thing is to choose the right quality and reliable live microphone according to the actual situation, and adjust the equalization of the microphone input channel to achieve the desired live broadcast effect.
For example, ALCTRON UM900 USB MIC professional live microphone, built-in professional sound card function.