The keyboard that helps you play
If you’ve ever wanted to play or perform your favorite songs, or thought of a melody that could become an original song, KORG is here to help you realize your musical potential. The KORG EK-50 is an entertainer keyboard that you can enjoy on any musical level, and an instrument that grows along with you.
Automatic accompaniment “Styles” provide an entire backing band you as you play the keyboard. From the moment you start playing, the rich accompaniments are created to inspire you to add phrases as they come to mind. As you gain performance skill, you can easily access the more advanced functions to give shape to the ideas of your musical sketch.
Styles support your performance
The EK-50 is equipped with automatic accompaniment functionality called “Styles,”which allow you to automatically produce a rich accompaniment with just one finger on the left hand, or by playing chords. Since this accompaniment changes according to the keyboard position or the chord that you play, you can easily improvise by playing the melody with your right hand. It’s like leading a band that knows hundreds of songs with the touch of a finger.
EK-50’s onboard Styles cover more than 280 musical genres from around the world, each with four variations ranging from simple to complex, as well as an intro and ending for the beginning and end of the song. You can add variety to your performance by switching these buttons in time with the rhythm.
There’s also an “STS” (Single Touch Select) function that automatically selects recommended when you switch Styles. It’s a perfect pairing of sound and Style, all set up and ready to go, so that you can focus on learning, creating or performing.
Play a wide variety of sounds
A layout that makes the numerous functions intuitive
Built-in speakers;for immediate enjoymen
Powerful 10W x 10W stereo speakers are built into the instrument. They can reproduce not only the sound of the instrument itself, but also sound from an external device that you connectto the input jack. Additionally, a music rest and AC adaptor are included, so you’re completed ready to go right out of the box. The EK-50 also works with AA batteries (sold separately), so you can play on the go!
Convenient Music Styles for instant, complete playing setups
Got a great new song idea? You can record your performances on the EK-50 and save them as well. Song mode lets you play back your own original creations, internal demo songs, MP3 or WAV audio data and SMF (Standard MIDI File) data saved on any commercially-available USB flash drive. You’ll also be able to play sounds while these songs play back.
Add Styles from KORG’s extensive library
The EK-50 is open-ended, which allows you to add up to 96 styles via a USB flash drive. We expect to add new data to the KORG website in the future and will keep you informed.
- 61 keys (velocity sensitive)
Touch Control: Soft (light), medium (standard), hard (heavier), fixed
- Sound Generator
- Stereo PCM sound generator
- Maximum Polyphony
- 64 voices
- Over 702 sounds, 41 drum kits (including GM compatible sound sets)
- Keyboard Sets
- More than 170 sets
- Accompaniment part
- 2 stereo digital multi-effects
- Keyboard part
- 2 stereo digital multi-effects
- 34 types (148 variations)
- More than 280 presets
2 intros, 4 variations, 2 fills, 1 count in/break, 2 endings, synchro start/stop, tap tempo
- Music Styles
- 64 styles
- Demo Songs
- 18 songs
- Audio Player
- MP3, WAV (44.1 kHz)
- Real-time recording (Style mode), maximum of 999 songs (approx. 100,000 notes), 12 tracks (4 keyboard parts + 8 auto accompaniment parts), original format (can convert to SMF0)
- Supports song play (playing on the keyboard during song playback), SMF (Standard MIDI File) format 0 or 1
- 11 types (including user scale)
- Power button, VOLUME knob, joystick, STYLE/[MUSIC STYLE] button, SONG/[DEMO SONG] button, KEYBOARD SET/[STS] button, GRAND PIANO button, each button in the PART MUTE/[SOUND SELECT] section, SETTING/[EFFECT] button, MEDIA button, SPEAKER EQ/[SPEAKER OFF] button, [SHIFT] button, ENSEMBLE button, SPLIT button, METRONOME/[BEAT SELECT] button, TAP TEMPO/[TEMPO LOCK] button, TRANSPOSE b and #/[OCTAVE –/+] buttons, dial, CATEGORY button, value buttons, + button, – button, each button in the STYLE/SONG section, each button in the SET LIST section
- Set lists
- 10 banks × 4
- Tempo, beat, volume
- Key Transpose
- C (-12) to C (0) to C (+12)
- 427.5–452.9 Hz
- Foot controller jack
- 6.3 mm (1/4″) phone jack
- AUDIO IN jack
- 3.5 (1/8″) mm stereo mini-phone jack
- OUTPUT L/ MONO, R jacks
- 6.3 mm (1/4″) phone jack (unbalanced)
- Headphones jack
- 3.5 mm (1/8″) stereo mini-phone jack
- USB A port
- TO DEVICE port for connecting USB flash memory and controllers
- USB B port
- TO HOST port for connecting personal computers
- Speaker System
- 10 W × 2
- 120 mm (4.72″) double-cone speakers × 2 (bass reflex box-type)
- Speaker EQ
- 8 types
- USB MIDI
- Custom LCD with backlighting
- Power supply
- AC adapter (included) or AA batteries (alkaline dry cells or nickel-metal hydride batteries) × 8 (sold separately)
- Battery life
- When using alkaline dry cells: approx. 7 hours
- Power Consumption
- 8 W (0.1 W on standby)
- Dimensions (W x D x H)
- 994 mm × 392 mm × 132 mm/39.13″ × 15.43″ × 5.20″ (not including sheet music stand)
Height with sheet music stand attached: 329 mm/12.95″
- 7.5 kg/16.53 lbs. (not including sheet music stand or batteries)
- Included items
- AC adapter, sheet music stand
- Accessories(sold separately):
- EXP-2 foot controller, DS-1H damper pedal (supports half-pedaling), PS-1 pedal switch, PS-3 pedal switch, SC-EK/Pa soft case
*All products names and specification names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
*Appearance and specifications of products are subject to change without notice.