Introducing the Pa600MY
The Pa600MY is a state-of-the-art arranger keyboard that features a huge collection of quality sounds and realistic backing accompaniments that is ideal to be used at home or on the stage.
Working with the latest technology from Korg’s highly-acclaimed series of arranger keyboards, the Pa600MY will be based on the hugely popular Pa600 and feature over 950 fully editable sounds as well as more than 360 pre-loaded music styles that includes traditional instrument sounds from the Malay, Chinese and Indian community. It also features an intuitive 7” touchscreen colour display and two 15-Watt speakers for sound amplification. The Pa600MY also comes with 4 stereo master effects and supports playback of a variety of formats like MIDI, KAR and MP3.
The Pa600MY is expected to contain 31 ethnic instruments as well as 43 or more accompanying styles that are unique to our three ethnic groups.
Besides being compact, inexpensive powerful and superb-sounding, the Pa600MY comes equipped with the most up-to-date collection of quality sounds and styles combined.
The Pa600MY is a brilliant Professional Arranger that distills the sonic essence and functionality of the Pa series into a compact and affordable new instrument. Like its big brothers – the Pa800 and the Pa3X – the Pa600MY uses our RX (Real eXperience) and DNC (Defined Nuance Control) technology to deliver sound quality that’s unprecedented in an arranger keyboard. With its new compact cabinet, large TFT color TouchView display, enormous factory and user PCM memory, huge style database and excellent amplification system, Korg has raised the standard of excellence in the entry-level price range. Listen and Believe.
• Enhanced RX (Real eXperience) and DNC (Defined Nuance Control) sound engine offers improved realism and vivid sound.
• Massive internal Factory PCM – plus up to 96 MB of user PCM data – provides an extraordinarily powerful wave memory, delivering amazingly high quality sounds. Also includes 31 localised ethnic instrument sounds from the Chinese, Malay and Indian communities.
• Two assignable switches and a four-way joystick ensure total control for the many available levels of sound articulation (DNC).
• Large, bright, backlit TouchView™ color TFT display (800×480).
• Easy layout and intuitive graphical interface with new Search function for easy retrieval of any musical resource or file. New resource selection feature with copy/paste, rename and delete.
• New resource selection feature with copy/paste, rename and delete.
• Over 360 factory Styles, each including three Intros/Endings, four variations and four Fill In + Break, plus ten Favorite and three User banks for storage of your favorite customized or user created Styles. Also includes 43 localised styles from the ethnic Chinese, Malay and Indian communities.
• Enhanced Guitar Mode 2 for even more realistic guitar parts, plus synchronized pads.
• Chord Sequencer function that can record any chord progression on-the-fly.
• Improved General Midi set for Standard Midi Files, compatibility with popular lyric formats including graphical (+G), plus Text Viewer, Marker and Score.
• MP3 player with Transpose and Tempo Change.
• 4 Stereo Master Effects (125 FX algorithms).
• Fully programmable SongBook database based on Styles, SMF, karaoke, and MP3, with instant recall of any song setting and user-definable custom lists.
• Includes accessory DVD with USB-MIDI drivers, video manual, and additional Style content
31 Ethnic Instrument Sounds
The Pa600MY features 31 amazing ethnic instrument sounds unique to our Malay, Chinese and Indian communities. Each instrument features multiple sound samples, painstakingly recorded from professional musicians and real live instruments using state-of-the-art recording techniques.
Also included is a bonus library of 43 localised styles unique to the Malay, Chinese and Indian community. From traditional lion dance, Chinese opera and Mando Pop, to traditional Malay dance such as the Zapin or Joget, and even the Bhangra and Bollywood styles from the Indian community, the Pa600MY combines the musical essence of our 3 ethnic groups into 1 keyboard.
With 50 years of experience, Korg has consistently set the bar for sound quality in performance instruments, and have been relied on by musicians around the world all the while. The Pa600MY gives you a rich, detailed, natural sound with instruments from almost every genre; exploding with depth, subtlety, and accuracy. With DNC (Defined Nuance Control) and RX (Real eXperience), you can add easily-controlled natural sounds and gestures that are part of playing a real instrument, such as guitar fret noise, horn glissandos, and mechanical key sounds. Over 950 expressive sounds are included, including a refreshed GM sound set and 64 drum kits. There is also an amazing multilayer stereo acoustic piano that was accurately sampled from a Concert Grand, and includes String and Damper pedal Resonance. Sounds are fully customizable to your tastes, and your changes can be saved for fast locating and use in your performances.
One very exciting feature added to the Pa600MY is the option of purchasing musical sounds and styles from different regions around the world. 96MB of dedicated memory allows many instruments to be added to the Pa600MY sound engine, and used with styles that were developed to represent many of the popular musical styles of certain countries. Full details on the available options can be found at shop.korg.com/pa
Great sound is more than just the quality of the PCM. For many years, Korg has produced outstanding studio quality effects that are simply breath-taking. The Pa600MY has four Stereo Master Effect processors with 125 of these effects including standard FX such as reverb, delay and chorus as well as some of the universally acclaimed REMS guitar-based effects for authentic guitar tone.
Each Track features EQ with Low, Mid and High controls. A custom track EQ can be memorized in the general preferences for the Song Play mode. This will help sculpt the sounds to your personal taste for any MIDI file you play. Need a lighter bass track? Save the desired equalization, and the Bass will stay light with all the subsequent Songs.
A limiter and final 4-band parametric EQ, have been added to the sound output of the Pa600MY. Everything can be processed by this powerful and musically refined EQ, easily adapting the sound to your musical taste or adjusting sound in problematic live environments.
The Pa600MY delivers a new set of great-sounding and and vibrant styles, programmed by some of the leading arrangers in the world, highlighting their unique musical strengths. The result is hundreds of included Styles that provide unparalleled realism and detail. Covering an expanded range of musical genres, the Pa600MY provides styles for almost every occasion. If you require a special Style collection, simply record and edit your own styles on board. We add further realism to your performance with four Fills, Break, three Intros and three Endings. More flexibility is added by the choice of different transposition tables to suit any instrument characteristic, and the stunning Guitar Mode 2 adds a totally new perspective to how realistic Guitar tracks can sound. If you need both hands to play a solo passage, record your chord sequence and let the Pa600MY’s Chord Sequencer play it for you.
Compact, yet powerful
The Pa600MY is one of the easiest arrangers to carry around. While its size might appear compact, the power of the onboard, exceptionally high-quality custom designed amplification system is anything but small. The 2 x 15-watt amplifiers drive two loudspeakers in a bass-reflex box to generate a powerful listening experience.
Play any song, and view it as traditional music notation
The player on board the Pa600MY can read MIDI, KAR and MP3 files. It can also read lyrics and chords from most of these files, and add markers on-the-fly to MIDI files. Traditional score viewing is also available for those who prefer to read music. The Score Viewer displays the lead track (or any other track) as clear and plain traditional musical notations with notes or chords, together with lyrics and chord abbreviations. Chord names can also be seen in different languages (English and Italian). For music learners, we also added a function to show note names next to each note.
Easy to use
With all the technological power that’s packed inside, it was vital that we also made the Pa600MY easy to understand and use. Your experience using the Pa600MY should be intuitive, musical, fast and foolproof. The panel layout has been simplified, and the gorgeous color TouchView Display lets you simply think, point and click for easy and intuitive navigation and performance. So that musicians of all levels can make great music quickly, there are two interface modes: Easy and Expert. Easy mode shows only the most important controls while keeping a clean and straightforward interface, useful for beginners or playing live, while in Expert mode, you have full editing control. Nothing stands between you and a stellar performance.
Switches are assignable so your live performances work the way you want, and when you don’t remember where a file, song or style was saved, just use the Search feature to let the Pa600MY find it for you
This exciting feature was developed to make your life easier while playing live. The SongBook is a Musical Database that’s completely user programmable, containing all the settings needed to play a particular song. You only have to search for the title of the song you would like to play, select it and hit “Play”. The SongBook can use styles, MIDI files, or MP3s, and can immediately recall settings such as Song Title, Genre, Artist, Tempo, Volumes, Sounds, Muted Tracks, FX settings, Easy Edit, STS*, Master Transpose and more. Everything that you need to play your song perfectly is in the SongBook; a useful musical feature that is unique to Korg.
*STS – Single Touch Settings is a memory that recalls sounds for all the real time tracks (Upper 1, 2, 3 & Lower).
With the SongBook Editor you can easily view, create and edit your KORG Pa-Series SongBook entries and custom lists using a Windows based computer.
NOTE: Windows XP-Vista-7-8® compatible
- 61 keys with Velocity
- More than 950 (including Stereo Piano and GM 2 Sounds)
64 Drum Kits
- Pa600MY comes preloaded with Sounds and Styles to suit a variety of traditional music tastes from the Malay,Chinese and Indian community.
- 256 Sounds
128 Drum Kits
- Tone Generator
- 128 Oscillators (max polyphony 128 voices) – Filters with Resonance
- PCM User Memory
- 96 MB
- More than 360 preloaded Styles, freely reconfigurable
- Up to 1,200 available Style locations including the Favorite/User banks
- Eight Style tracks, 4 Single Touch Settings and one Style Performance per Style
- Style controls
- 3 Intros, 4 Variations, 4 Fills, Break, 3 Endings, Autofill, Synchro Start/Stop, Tap Tempo/Reset, Manual Bass, Bass Inversion, Memory, Accompaniment Mute, Snare & Kick Designation, STS Mode – Chord Sequencer
- Guitar Mode 2
Parallel and Fixed NTT, Style Record with Step Record, Track and Event Edit functions
- Effects & EQ
- 4 Stereo Master FX / 125 Effects types
Three band EQ for each track – Articulations
Limiter – Master 4 band Parametric EQ
- Dynamic Nuance Control (DNC) Technology
Full editing of Sounds and Drum Kits
Realtime sound control using Assignable Switches
- Joystick – 2 Assignable Switches
- User Sampling
- No Exist
- 320 Realtime Performance locations
STS: Memorize Realtime tracks
Up to 4 x Styles, up to 4 x SongBook entries
My Setting special Performance
- Realtime Tracks
- Four Keyboard tracks (Upper 1, 2, 3, Lower)
- 4 Pad tracks + Stop button – Pad Record
- Song Play
- Single Player with Select, Start/Stop, Home, Rewind and Fast Forward controls
Jukebox function – Compatible with SMF (formats 0 and 1) and MP3 with Vocal Remover –
Lyrics (compatible with CDG), Score, Marker
- 7” 800 x 480 TFT Graphical Color TouchView
- Quick Record (Backing Sequence), Multitrack and Step Record functions
Full featured sequencer – 16 tracks – Up to 100.000 events – SMF format
- Song Book
- Fully programmable music database, based on Styles, SMF, Karaoke, MP3 with automatic selection of Style Play and Song Play modes – User-definable custom lists – Filtering options
- Yes for Style, Song, Performance, SongBook, Sound and Lyrics TXT
- Compatibility for Sound Data
- “i-Series”: Styles only
“Pa series”: Style, Performance, Sound, PCM, Song, SongBook and Pad
- General Controls
- Master Volume, Real Time-Acc/Seq Balance Volume, Ensemble, Octave Transpose,
Master Transpose, Fade In/Out, Tempo Lock, Style Change – Quarter Tone Arabic Scale,
User Scale memorized inside Performance/STS, Search, Lyrics, Score, Maker, Dial, Tempo, Metronome, Split
- Control Inputs
- Damper Pedal, Assignable Pedal/Footswitch
- Line Out
- Unbalanced Jack Left/Mono, Right, Headphones
2 Unbalanced Line In Jacks
- In, Out MIDI connectors – USB to Midi using the USB Device port Individual track assignment – 8 user definable MIDI Preset
- Type A (TO DEVICE) x 1: 2.0 Hi Speed Type B (TO HOST) x 1: 2.0 Hi Speed
- Speaker System
- 15W x 2
- 100 mm x 2 Double Cone Speakers in Bass Reflex Box
- Power Supply
- AC 100-240 V
- Power Consumption
- 20 Watt
(W x D x H)
- 1,030 x 378 x 127 mm (without music rest)
- 11 kg (without music rest)
- Owner’s Manual, Music Stand, Accessory DVD (It includes Video Manuals), AC Cable
- Expression/Volume Pedal (KORG EXP-2, KORG XVP-10)
Damper Pedal (KORG DS-1H)
Switch Pedal (KORG PS-1, PS-3)
* Preliminary specs given. Appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
** All product, company, and standard names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.